• 5 x 90 minute sessions in a safe, comfortable and welcoming learning environment
• Strong grounding in current scientific research and the wisdom of world-leading practitioners and traditions
• Small group learning and guidance
• Take home course booklet and free guided meditation recordings for practice at home
• Over three hours of in-person guided meditation time, using over 10 different techniques
• Weekly emails, coaching and support
• Specialised education and guidance delivered by an accredited, experienced and passionate meditation teacher
• Assistance in integrating meditation and mindfulness practice into daily life
• Graduate access to intermediate level courses and weekly group meditations
Reduced stress and anxiety
Increased self-efficacy and self-awareness
Greater clarity and decision-making
Increased calm, presence and ability to relax
Increased energy and positive outlook
About the Course
This introductory course is practical, fun and supportive and equips beginners with a strong foundation upon which meditation and its benefits may more easily become part of routine life. We sit in chairs and discuss topics without dogma or religion. The intention of this course is to share life-changing techniques and practices that can transform your life and experience.
“This Introduction to Meditation and Mindfulness course was exactly what I was looking for to get myself started. I now feel confident that I have the skills to integrate the practice of meditation into my busy life and since starting I feel more in touch with how I think, feel and react, which has meant I am calmer when life is crazy, and I am in control when life is overwhelming. Thanks so much Jen for creating such a wonderful and supportive climate when undertaking this 5 week course!” B. Wright, Beginner’s Course 2018
Week 1: What is Meditation and what are its Benefits?
Week 2: The Brain and the Science of Stress and Relaxation
Week 3: Grounding and Centering Awareness
Week 4: Mindfulness, what is it?
Week 5: Creative Visualisation and Energy
Each session includes theory, science and experience surrounding weekly course topics, practice of relevant techniques, time for discussion and the sharing of feedback and experience to enrichen the learning process.
Breathing techniques, Mantra meditations, Relaxation and Body Scan Meditation, Mindfulness Techniques, (Creative) Visualisation, Compassion and Energetic Meditations
“I highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to learn strategies for dealing with stress, improve sleep, focus thoughts and introduce calm in a comfortable setting with an excellent teacher and content and fantastic guided meditation recordings to practice with.” K. Cunningham, Artist and Designer, Beginner’s Course 2018
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable for beginners, aged 18+, who have no or little meditation experience.
This course is not suitable for people with severe depression or other clinical mental health illnesses, unless approved in writing by a specialist medical professional. To get help with mental illness in Adelaide CBD, you can contact BlueSky Psychology - Counselling Adelaide, blueskypsychology.com.au,(08) 8212 3944.
“I received a deeper understanding of both technique and practice following the Meditation Beginner’s Course with Jen. She guides with confidence and with great heart – and as a result instils confident ability in her students. I LOVED every minute of it.” K. Johnson, Entrepreneur, Beginner’s Course 2018